[Zope-ZEO] reloading products bug?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 12:50:34 -0500

"Júlio Dinis Silva" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Supose you have 20 ZCS.
>
> Now you want to install a new product.
>
> You start ZCS Nş21 without the ZEO_CLIENT var in order to
> reload products from /ZCS21/lib/python/Products or wherever your
> Instance_Home is.
>
> Now on all your 20 ZCS you can see in Control_Panel/Products
> the new product installed in good condition(not broken).
>
> But... in all your 20 ZCS you dont have available in the "Available
> Object's" list the class of your new installed product.
> Is this normal?

Yes.

> Who reloads this "Available Objects" list?

File-based products cause in-memeory registries to
get populated on process startup.  This has nothing to do with
and is not affected by database changes.

> The ZCS?

No.

> isnt this list shared by all ZCS from the ZSS?

No.

> Since they all can see the new installed product why isnt available the
> objects to add?

Because there are two registries involved. The database stuff
is replicated. The file-based information requires restarting
to get updated.

> More, on your ZCS21 you can add the new objects, and your
> other 20 ZCS can see the new instance and use it, with a little exception,
> the icon of the new object's class isn't displayed.

Because the icon is loaded into the url space during process startup.

> Do I have to reboot all my ZCS for them to reload the new product properly?

I'm afraid so.

Jim