[ZODB-Dev] ZEO on Windows

Craig Dunigan Craig Dunigan <craig.dunigan@esker.com>
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:10:40 -0600 (CST)

You need to edit the start.py file and comment out those two lines.  It's
been running fine for me (three weeks now) on NT4 workstation as the ZEO
server (I did that to allow existing backup schemes for our NT network to
cover my "back-end") once I made the edit.  The two you already identified
are the only things I've found so far.

BTW, ZEO neatly solved the problem of allowing remote sites to hit a local
Zserver for speed and reduced WAN bandwidth, while keeping them all (four,
one local to the ZEO server, three remote across the world, connecting via
frame relay) synchronized on the same ZODB.  Sweet.  Best thing of all
was, it just *worked*.  No muss, no fuss (other than the minor edit
mentioned above), just drop in place and forget it.  Double sweet!  Nice
job, Digi-guys!

Craig