[ZODB-Dev] RELEASED Berkeley storages 2.0 beta 2

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:02:07 -0500

I'm releasing v2.0beta2 of the Berkeley storages.  I've tested this in
the ZODB3 source tree, with various releases of Zope including 2.4.3,
2.5.1, 2.6.1cvs, and the cvs trunk, as well as with Python 2.1.3 and
2.2.2.  See the NEWS file excerpt below for details.

Download the distutils tarball from SourceForge:

    http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15628&release_id=123192

Enjoy,
-Barry

2.0 beta 2 (19-Nov-2002)

    * Implemented checkpointing as a background thread, instead of as
      a periodic nth ZODB transaction event.  Automatic checkpointing
      is only enabled if the config object has an interval > 0, which
      by default it doesn't.  I need to think about a more reasonable
      value for interval.

    * Added the lastTransaction() method which is required by recovery
      (used in the test suite and in the Zope Replication Service).

    * Bug fixes and refactoring.