[Zope-CMF] Require login

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:41:34 -0400

> I would like to require login for the entire portal.
> I have search the site and mail list half the day without finding the
> nugget of information I need :-o.

Put all of your site content in a folder.  In that folder, visit the
Security tab.  Disallow the "View" and "Access contents information"
permissions for the Anonymous role.  That way, users who haven't logged
in won't be able to access anything in the folder.

Don't turn off the View permission for the site root, though, since that
will prevent users from viewing the login page... unless you don't mind
using basic auth instead of cookies.

Shane