[Zope-CMF] MailIn product

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:11:39 +0100

I've finished my MailMessage hack, and it's waiting to be published
at:

  http://cmf.zope.org/Members/seb/JamkitTypes/view

As the notes say, it's just a proof of concept.  It works for me, but
I've not tested it on anything but my own machine.  It needs a fair
bit of fiddling to get the MailIn bit working.  Anyway, if you can get
it to work, these are the highlights:

 - Creates rfc822 messages as MailMessage CMF Types
 - renders plain text as STX, html messages as html
 - You can change the metadata by specifying headers at the top of the
   mail, thus:
     Subject: Foo
 - attachments are generated too
 - content gets created in the home folder of the user whose email
   address matches the 'from' address of the message
 - works over webdav

The word document is very basic, and a bit flakey, but it shows how
emails & word attachments could work together.

If you can get it work, feedback would be much appreciated.

cheers,

seb