[Zope-CMF] Idea relating to skins

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:53:18 +0100

Hello :-)

A thought just occured to me... yes, only the one and I'm very grateful, doesn't
happen often you know ;-)

Anyway, what if, as well as layers, you could specify other skins in skin
definitions?

For example, you could have:

Basic        custom, content, generic, control, Images
No CSS       no_css, Basic
Nouvell      nouvelle, Basic

I think this would reduce the problem of having to change a whole plethora of
Skin definitions when you introduce a new layer in between, say, control and
Images. What do other people think?

However, with the above in mind, it might be useful to say which skins are user
selectable, eg:

Name       User Selectable      Layers
Base       No                   generic, control, Images
Default    No                   content, Base
Topic      No                   content, Topic, Base
Basic      Yes                  custom, Default
No CSS     Yes                  no_css, Basic
Nouvell    Yes                  nouvelle, Basic

What do people think?

cheers,

Chris