[Zope-Coders] range-related tests fail in OFS

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:22:09 -0400 (EDT)

  MP> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 06:10:20PM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:
  >> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:37:25PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> > The testRanges module in OFS has three test failures.  I can't
  >> > tell who owns this code.  It looks like some simple off-by-one
  >> > errors, but it isn't obvious if the tests or the code is
  >> > broken.  Ought to be fixed either way.
  >>
  >> Hmm.. I created the Ranges code and the tests; they succeeded at
  >> the time.  I'll look over it tomorrow.

  MP> That'll teach me to reply before reading the whole thread; if it
  MP> is succeeding on Py 2.1 and only failing on Py 2.2 then this
  MP> becomes an issue for fixing things when 2.2 final comes out or
  MP> for 2.2 to fix, depending on whose fault this is.. :)

Do you have any idea what standard libraries Python uses?  We
shouldn't just ignore this until 2.2 is out.  If it's a 2.2 bug and we
wait until 2.2 is out, we won't get it fixed until 2.2.1.

Jeremy