[Zope-Coders] DocumentTemplate owner

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:11:43 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Who owns DocumentTemplate?
>
> As part of my work on tidying up the ZCatalog API, I've revealed a bug
> in dtml-except.
>
> I'm in the middle of tracking this down now, but I'd like to talk
> directly with the owner, rather than wasting everyone's bandwidth here :-)

Found the bug anyway. I think it creeped in when converting
DocumentTemplate to use string methods rather string module functions.

Line 201 of DT_Try.py should be:

   if nargs.strip()=='':

rather than

   if nargs.split()=='':

Made that same mistake myself plenty of times!

Oh well... I'll add that fix to my ZCatalog work, check the source for
more of the same problem, and look at improving the test suite to test
that bare <dtml-except> tags work.

--
Steve Alexander