[Zope-Coders] removing RCS ids causes error on startup

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:16:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Steve Alexander wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>

> > Did you mean to use "cvs update -dP -r brian-foo-branch"?  That way you
> > get the repository as Brian sees it.  -j gives you a combination of
> > whatever branch you're in and the given branch, which might not be
> > compatible.

> Looked at changes between HEAD and my branch:
>
> # cvs -q diff -kk -c -r HEAD > /tmp/diffs.txt
>
> Merged the recent changes from the head into my branch:
>
> # cvs update -kk -d -j HEAD

I could see wanting to look at the differences without seeing the RCS id
discrepancies, but i'd expect the merge mechanism to be factoring in the
changeover in id expansion, and not show conflicts there.  Do they in fact
show?  If not, then i'd expect the -kk to be ditching the id info - which
you don't want to do (or code manipulation of the IDs will break...)

?

--
Ken
klm@zope.com