[Zope-Coders] what version of Python allowed on trunk?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:06:53 -0400

> Instead, we should fix Zope *package* versions to a particular Python
> release.  So for instance, maybe DocumentTemplate 1.5 requires Python 2.1 or
> above, while 1.4 requires Python 1.5.2 or above (version numbers of DT are
> mythical in this example).

I wonder if it makes sense to straighten out the version numbers so
that Package 2.x requires Python 2.y?  Even if x != y, a convention
like this might still clear up some things.

Also, can we always guarantee that things that require Python 1.5.2 or
higher still work with 2.x?