[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope/lib/python/AccessControl/securitySuite - SecurityBase.py:1.5 regressionSecurity.py:1.3

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:23:14 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   SH> - Corrected role comparison.  "None" means anonymous, an empty
>   SH>   tuple means private, and private objects are not accessible
>   SH>   even by managers.
>
> It seems like it would be clearer to have explicit "anonymous" and
> "private" objects rather than trying to remember what the special
> meanings of two builtin types are.
>
> class Anonymous:
>     pass
>
> class Private:
>     pass
>
> You could use either the class object or a singleton instance.

Agreed, but I don't have a choice in the matter.  This is how Zope
works.  Someday we'll fix it, hopefully.

Shane