[Zope-Coders] Re: test failures in TAL

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:00:42 -0400

Martijn Faassen writes:
 > Yes, but why create a problem in trying to support 1.5.2 for new releases
 > when so far nobody has spelled out a satisfactory reason? Is there some huge
 > installed base of ParsedXML users that can't upgrade to Zope 2.4 but do
 > want to upgrade their ParsedXML to new versions that I'm not aware of?

  I'm happy to see 1.5.2 support disappear for new releases, but there
are probably issues relating to support for customers that I don't
know about.  I don't know how many customers we have using Python
1.5.2 that also need updated versions of the various packages.  If
someone tells me we need 1.5.2 support for a particular package, I'm
not inclined to be the one to argue.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation