[Zope-Coders] A question on branches

Thu, 7 Mar 2002 07:56:21 +0000

I have a question about the best way to use branches for development work in
the Zope CVS.

At the moment I am working on merging some changes that have previously
existed as external patches; the Unicode support patches are on
toby-unicode-branch.

I have one large applications that use this patch, and it would be useful to
test it on the CVS branch version. Unfortunately this application also needs
a couple of other unrelated, smaller patches.

I was planning to merge these for 2.6 too, so the easiest option for me is to
use the one branch for both of these patches. However it is also nice to keep
separate changes on separate branches. Any suggestions?