[Zope-Coders] Re: [ZPT] CVS: Zope/lib/python/ZTUtils - Tree.py:1.8

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:38:37 -0400

<Resent to fix list address>

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:31:10PM -0700, Jamie Heilman wrote:
> > -        if step[:1] == '.':
> > +        if step == len(step) * '_':
>
> Woah there cowboy.  If I hand you a step that's 5000 bytes long you
> just allocated an additional 5000 bytes to test it.  You might wanna
> think about that some more.  The old code is really just fine as long
> as you only test the first char for a '_'.

Are you telling me that you are going to use a tree that is 5000 nodes deep,
all expanded? You'll have greater problems with the resulting cookie not
fitting into any browser limit anywhere. Not a likely scenario, no?

--
Martijn Pieters