[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:38:30 +0100

On Tuesday 08 Oct 2002 10:58 am, Chris McDonough wrote:
> What should probably happen is: if we are running under zdaemon, write
> the zdaemon pid to the Z2.pid file.

Yes. And it should not be possible to change the name of Z2.pid on the co=
mmand=20
line. This mean we will have to tweak the semantics of the -Z switch.

>  If not, write the Zope pid to the
> Z2.pid logfile.

Yes.

> zdaemon
> should accept an (optional) argument which is the pidfile name it shoul=
> write to=20

Yes - a parameter to the module which is not under the users control.=20

> This might break some scripts that rely on being able to "cut" the
> contents of the Z2.pid file, but most things will continue to work
> (particularly the idiom of "kill `cat Z2.pid`".
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

Obviously we also need to change Zope such that it does not write the Z2.=
pid=20
if it is running under the supervisor process.

> (as zdaemon is used under ZEO as well).

Yes, the ZEO server is affected by this problem too. I guess we should ma=
ke=20
similar changes to its start.py