[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:57:21 -0400

I observe that the issue of starting and controlling how Zope (and
ZEO, etc.) is started appears to be a big mess.  I expect that small
incremental changes aren't going to do us more good, and are going to
hurt for lack of exact backward compatibility.  Sysadmin habits die
slowly.  I think that a bold move is necessary that takes a fresh look
at all this.  I feel I'm not the right person to do that, because I
haven't got enough operational experience with Zope.  But I'm hoping
that someone will step forward with a new design that addresses all
the issues *except* compatibility with current practice.