[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:04:27 +0100

On Tuesday 08 Oct 2002 2:41 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 09:38, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > Yes. And it should not be possible to change the name of Z2.pid on th=
> > command line. This mean we will have to tweak the semantics of the -Z
> > switch.
>
> Why is it desirable to prevent the name from being changed?

Zope doesnt let you change the name of var/Z2.pid today, it is automatica=
lly=20
derived from INSTANCE_HOME, CLIENT_HOME, or whatever. It is nice for scri=
pts=20
to be able to rely on that filename. (for example, the stop script uses k=
ill=20
'cat var/Z2.pid').=20

> > Obviously we also need to change Zope such that it does not write the
> > Z2.pid if it is running under the supervisor process.
>
> Do you want to do this or should I? ;-)

I wont have a chance to do this before Friday......=20

> > Yes, the ZEO server is affected by this problem too. I guess we shoul=
> > make similar changes to its start.py
>
> Yup.  I think we can change zdaemon in such a way that it continues to
> work for ZEO until we get around to this....

sounds good.