[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:14:33 +0100

On Tuesday 08 Oct 2002 9:09 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> OK, it's done on the trunk...

I've found another easter eggs in this signal handling code.... A SIGUSR1=
=20
signal will cause the main database to be packed. This isnt mentioned in=20
CHANGES.txt, and google cant find any other documentation for it.

There are a couple of problems with it:

1. The packing happens inside a signal handler in the main medusa thread.=
 This=20
causes all http traffic to freeze until the pack is complete.

2. It always packs removing revisions older than zero days. It would be s=
afer=20
if the default was larger, rather than smaller. Safer, but not quite so=20
useful.

I propose removing this signal handler for 2.6. Any thoughts?