[Zope-Coders] Trunk officially requires Python 2.2, right?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:34:06 -0400

> I find it difficult to believe that we've gone from "Python 2.2 is not
> yet supported" to "Python 2.2 is required" without some painful
> intermediate step (ala regex-to-re conversion, etc). Did I miss
> something? ;-)

Yes, a papal edict, last Sunday. :-)

Jim wants to backport some Zope3 features to Zope 2.7, and he thinks
it would be too constraining if those backported features have to run
under Python 2.1 as well.

Unofficially, Zope 2.5 and 2.6 work just fine with Python 2.2.2 (we
fixed all known Zope core dumps with Python 2.2.1), so this may not be
so bad as it looks.