[Zope-Coders] Trunk officially requires Python 2.2, right?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:49:18 -0400

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I find it difficult to believe that we've gone from "Python 2.2 is not
> yet supported" to "Python 2.2 is required" without some painful
> intermediate step (ala regex-to-re conversion, etc). Did I miss
> something? ;-)

Some of us have been carefully adding compatibility with both Python 2.1
and Python 2.2 in Zope 2.6.  The only remaining step is to search for
issues that may have been overlooked.  I've had no troubles at all in
daily use.  Apparently there was a showstopper for certain platforms,
but it just got fixed in Python 2.2.2 b1.

Here's a thought: maybe we should strive to officially support Zope
2.6.1 on both Python 2.1.3+ and Python 2.2.2+.

Shane