[Zope-Coders] silly windows request

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
09 Oct 2002 16:18:45 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 16:03, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Did you clean evrything out first?  This doesn't seem to create a
> lib\python directory for me at all!

I should have mentioned this, sorry.  Before re-running "nmake install"
from the build directory, you should probably do:

 nmake uninstall
 nmake clean

"nmake uninstall" will remove the installed "zope home" directory.  I
think you specified  "C:\zope", so for you the effect will be that the
c:\zope directory and its contents will be removed.  "nmake clean" will
get you back to "distribution-clean" state in the build tree.

To be on the safe side, if you've created any separate instance home
directories, delete them as well.

Then run "nmake install" from the build dir and do as it instructs.

> Which Python are you using?  I'm using 2.3.

2.1.3 (Yes, I'm a laggard).  Haven't yet tried it under NT, though but
will be rebooting shortly.

- C