[Zope-Coders] Python Versions, Zope Versions, etc

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:14:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Chris Withers wrote:
> This is Zope 2.7, what fishbowl should I be looking in?

Hmm.  Good point.  I was thinking that if you follow z3 discussions
you know 2.2 is required, and there *were* dicscussions of backporting
z3 stuff to 2.7.  It is true, however, that this does not *automatically*
imply a 2.7-requires-2.2 outcome, I just assumed it would.  Assumptions
are not good.  Nor can I remember if those backport discussions happened
on the z3 list or zope-dev.

On the other hand, Papal edicts are papal edicts <grin>.

I will say that there seems to have been a lack of transparency on
2.7.  Hopefully that will change now that 2.6 has been branched.

--RDM