[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:27:09 +0100

On Wednesday 09 Oct 2002 6:04 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:

> This might be a use case for ditching complicated signal handlers
> entirely and moving to some sort of simple socket server for
> administrative functions.  We could still have signal handlers on a
> process if we wanted, but the signal handlers could just write somethin=
> to the socket.

In case you get tempted to implement something in this area.... I have th=
is=20
proposal (that I plan to progress soon after 2.6) which could simplify th=
e=20
shutdown and restart signal handlers into nothing more than a global vari=
able=20
assignment:

http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/CleanShutdown

It would be worth coordinating these changes to avoid simplifying the sam=
e=20
thing twice.