[Zope-Coders] Trunk officially requires Python 2.2, right?

kapil thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:54:23 -0700

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 11:49 am, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
> > I find it difficult to believe that we've gone from "Python 2.2 is not
> > yet supported" to "Python 2.2 is required" without some painful
> > intermediate step (ala regex-to-re conversion, etc). Did I miss
> > something? ;-)
>
> Some of us have been carefully adding compatibility with both Python 2.1
> and Python 2.2 in Zope 2.6.  The only remaining step is to search for
> issues that may have been overlooked.  I've had no troubles at all in
> daily use.  Apparently there was a showstopper for certain platforms,
> but it just got fixed in Python 2.2.2 b1.
>
> Here's a thought: maybe we should strive to officially support Zope
> 2.6.1 on both Python 2.1.3+ and Python 2.2.2+.

what are the pitfalls of using python2.2 with zope2? specifically wrt to new
style classes. in casual exploration the only thing i see is that you can't
mixin persistence with new style classes, but they seem to persist ok as
attributes. are there other concerns?

-kapil