[Zope-Coders] Python Versions, Zope Versions, etc

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:00:55 +0100

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> / 2.7 development mess was that the 'Support Python 2.2' project and
> 'Zope 2.7' were generally meant to be the same thing.

Me too. However, it's the 'requires python 2.2' rather than 'supports python
2.2' that bugs me.

We've gone from 2.6's "You will burn in hell if you use Python 2.2 and don't
come crying to us if you find it a little hot" to 2.7's "Unless you use Python
2.2, you will burn in hell and don't come crying to us if you find it a little
warm".

It would be nice to at least have some kind of transition. Ideally, well, for me
anyway, would be 2.6: only Python 2.1, 2.7: Python 2.1 or Python 2.2, 2.8:
Python 2.2 only...

cheers,

Chris