[Zope-Coders] Trunk officially requires Python 2.2, right?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:14:33 -0400

> what are the pitfalls of using python2.2 with zope2? specifically
> wrt to new style classes. in casual exploration the only thing i see
> is that you can't mixin persistence with new style classes, but they
> seem to persist ok as attributes. are there other concerns?

None specifically known.  But as a company, we prefer not to make rash
announcements without doing proper research.  There are no resources
available to validate such a recommendation in time for the release of
Zope 2.6.