[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
10 Oct 2002 08:16:15 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 20:05, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > In case you get tempted to implement something in this area.... I
> > have this proposal (that I plan to progress soon after 2.6) which
> > could simplify the shutdown and restart signal handlers into nothing
> > more than a global variable assignment:
> >
> > http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/CleanShutdown
> >
> > It would be worth coordinating these changes to avoid simplifying
> > the same thing twice.
>
> I see zero hints on how you & Tres plan to implement this (and
> CleanSignalHandling).  Any elaborations?

CleanSignalHandling is already implemented:

  - ZEO storage servers have had signal handling in place (in some
    form at least) for over two years now (see Jim's comment on v. 1.8
    of ZEO/ZEO/start.py).

  - Zope's implementation landed on the head back in June (v. 1.68
    of Zope/z2.py), after some time on a branch, and has been tweaked
    a couple of times since.

Tres.