[Zope-Coders] Signal forwarding

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
10 Oct 2002 09:54:43 -0400

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 07:40, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Chris, please stop trying to convince yourself that complex signal
> handlers are okay.  It's already pretty much impossible to prove that
> any multi-threaded application of any complexity is written correctly.
> Add signals into the mix, and it's hopeless.

FWIW, I just want to make sure that I don't need to remove the current
shutdown signal hander for 2.6.

I definitely see that the current pack handler needs to go.  But
hopeless or not, the shutdown handler currently works.  I can see that
it might be disastrous under ZEO as all work happens in the main thread,
but under Zope it seems hamrless.

- C