[Zope-Coders] Daemon signal passing race condition

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:42:28 -0400

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:02:45PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> I think the right solution is to mask the interesting signals during the=
=20
> refork. Unfortunately sigprocmask and friends are not exposed by the pyth=
on=20
> standard library.

Neither was initgroups, but I implemented it for safe setuid support.
Exposing sigprocmask should be very easy.  Have a look at initgroups.c;
it's a very simple example of how to wrap a module around a simple
function.

Incidentally, if something like this was implemented, maybe it'd
be useful to move initgroups in with it into a more general "unix"
module.

--=20
Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com> <URL:http://zigg.com/>

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx