[Zope-Coders] 2.2.2

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
16 Oct 2002 10:41:04 -0400

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 10:28, Matt Behrens wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 04:19:02PM +0200, Magnus Heino wrote:
>
> > Just thought it would be nice if the distro that most people seems to use came
> > with a decent python version by default. I dont had any problems with 2.2.1
> > myself, but some people seems to have, thats why I asked...

I've heard rumors of Zope crashing under 2.2.1, as well, so it would be
nice to have a distro that ships with 2.2.2 or at least has a 2.2.2
update.

> > but nevermind then.
>
> No, don't "nevermind".  That's 100% valid to ask people to vote
> that way.

Yes, sorry I didn't mean to discourage the effort!  But it's likely that
the RedHat folks are pretty busy, so to get it in there, it might be
advisable to send them any patches (via the bugzilla report) to their
spec file that are necessary to build 2.2.2 the "right" way as well as
concrete reasons to package up 2.2.2.  I suspect that the #1 reason is
to prevent Zope from crashing, though you'll likely need to do a bit of
research about what the problem actually is wrt/ running Zope under
2.2.1.  In the meantime.maybe you can contribute your 2.2.2 RPM to
rpmfind.net to point newbies at.  Maybe even point RedHat to it as well
so they can just "bless" it and include it in the next distro or as an
update.

gotta-love-open-source,

- C