[Zope-Coders] Towards 2.6

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:57:24 +0200

> I'm concerned that the right thing to do is still open for
> interpretation.  Based solely on the method names, I would guess that a
> method called getUserName() should return "Shane Hathaway", while the
> method getId() should return something arbitrary like "501".  Neither
> one is my login name "shane", which should be available through the
> nonexistent method getLoginName().
>
> Would it make sense to add getLoginName()?

All of this doesn't sound like something you add to something currently t=
agged=20
as beta2...?

I guess this could break other userfolders and products too?

Wouldn't it be better to really get this thing out, and focus on 2.7? Wit=
h=20
chris installer, i18n, ZEO, python2.2 and more, Zope 2.7 looks like a kil=
ler=20
app to me...

--=20

  /Magnus