[Zope-Coders] Problem running pychecker on the Zope sources

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:12:07 -0400

> A common problem for me to run pychecker on Zope moduls is
> that pychecker fails with the import "from Persistence
> import Persistent" although the PYTHONPATH is set. Any ideas
> how to get around the problem?

This happens to me whenever the current directory has an immediate
subdirectory named ZODB with the source code for the ZODB package.
The current directory comes first in sys.path (before $PYTHONPATH).
But the ZODB source dir doesn't have the .so files for the Persistence
package.

Solution: use a different current directory.