[Zope-Coders] Fw: [Zope] sessions and zope2.6.0

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
22 Oct 2002 10:44:55 -0400

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 10:18, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> BTrees have no concurrency protection.  You have nothing protecting you
> from when you do the keys() to when you probe for a value.  Another
> thread could have easily removed the value already.

Well, if you look at the code in Transience (it starts in
Products.Transience.TransientObjectContainer._getCurrentBucket) the
whole shooting match is protected by a mutex, so I'm not sure that
that's the problem.  But is this really true?  If so, I'd like to know
so I don't shoot myself in the foot later.

- C