[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:24:18 -0600

On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 12:51  AM, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Sunday 15 Sep 2002 5:39 pm, Alexander Looomooo :-) wrote:
>
>> And don't tell me about 2.7, we all know that it won't be out in a
>> while
>> yet. We need i18n, and we need it *now*.
>
> Everyone needs 2.6 out now too. I understand your frustration at the
> delays in
> releasing 2.6, but cramming extra stuff into that release wont help.
>
> I dont understand the proposition that something cant be used just
> because it
> isnt in the standard release. Numerous good things existed as patches
> (or
> even better, in a branch) for a long time before being merged into the
> trunk.
>
> I cant remember the last time I used a standard zope. Patching isnt
> hard.

Ugh.  I go by the policy that we deliver no customer solutions based on
unreleased or alpha/beta software, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I do some patching for development to make some things easier to use,
but they're nothing that I depend on for deployment.  Patching may not
be hard, but configuration management can be.