[Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:39:48 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Withers  <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > Ok, as there seems to be rough consensus that it's ok, I'll do the merge
> > of Zope-2_6-i18n-branch into Zope-2_6-branch (and HEAD too, is that
> > right?) tomorrow morning (European time).
>
>  From what I can see, there's general consensus that the '2 line patch' is
> okay, but anything more isn't.

Well, you can't really expect to get full i18n into ZPT+TAL with only
two lines. The aformentionned two lines are the needed adaptations from
the existing 2.7 code to make it work with 2.6. Then there are a few
Unicode fixes (that would benefit HEAD in any case) and a minimal
translation service (~10 lines).

As Jim said, "If we want to get this into 2.6, we need to move quickly."

Florent