[Zope-Coders] Win32 builds

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:38:06 -0400

Guido van Rossum wrote:

>>FYI, I just tried a stock z2.py in place of the templated z2.pyt, making
>>the one change that the WISE installer makes -- seems to work for me.
>>
>>I've updated the win32 binary build sources to include the modified
>>template.
>>

>Is there a way somehow so that there's only one copy of z2.py in CVS
>rather than two that need to be kept in sync?  Maybe the template
>should be in CVS and the Unix build step should untemplatize it?
>
>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

The logical thing to do is to change the WISE script to just use the
stock z2.py file.  In terms of prioritization, it is easier to
synchronize z2.py and z2.pyt for now vs. go tinker with WISE.  Not that
I think it would be a lot of work to tweak the WISE script, but it is
time better folded into "redo how Zope is packaged."