[Zope-Coders] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 588/ 2 Resolve "z2.py: WebDAV source port not cleared by '-X'"

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:02:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Casey Duncan wrote:

> For some reason they went to zope-cvs instead of zope-checkins (Like product
> checkins do). Strange. I really think the solution is to create a few more
> cvs mailing lists... ;^)

I just checked in an adjustment to the public repository's traffic-table
to resolve this problem.

For those of you interested in what was going on, we were using '/'
terminated discriminators to distinguish between 'Zope' versus 'Zope3'
versus 'Zope27' checkins, to distinguish eg:

> Update of /cvs-repository/Zope27/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py

and

> Update of /cvs-repository/Zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py

The problem is that checkins directly to the top-level directories of
those repository hierarchies would not have the slashes in them - they'd
just end there:

> Update of /cvs-repository/Zope

This would fail to match any of the "Zope*/" variants, and go to the
fallback list (which is for checkins concerning the cvs repository itself
- the bookkeeping, and discussion).

The solution is to make the paths either include the slash or end there:

"Zope(/|$)"

(Hadn't used the regular-expression-ality of the path discriminators
before - we could have called that YAGNI *until now*.)

--
Ken
klm@zope.com