[Zope-Coders] RE: [ZC] 586/ 2 Resolve "start script not setting INSTANCE_HOME"

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:47:57 -0700

Yes, I get that. What I'm saying is maybe it should be set in 'start' since
you need it for separate instances anyway and it's harmless in the case
where you don't (assuming it is set correctly). It reduces the amount of
special things you need to do to create new instances. Since creating
separate instances is almost always the right way to go, it seems like
making this easier would be wise, especially since it doesn't harm unified
instances.

It is just a suggestion though. It's all up to you guys. I'm happy that you
had a look at it and got rid of the INST_HOME oddness which was just
confusing.