[Zope-dev] Python 1.6 a1

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 01:27:30 -0500

Hello everyone,

I finally got around checking the Python site again, and what did my tired
eyes see? Python 1.6 a1 is out and a roadmap for the next releases. What
makes the entire subject so interesting is that Python 1.6 will support
unicode and OpenSSL (in the socket, httplib, urllib). Furthermore, there
will be a module called sre, which supports unicode regular expressions.

What does that mean? I don't know, but maybe we have a major Zope release
coming up supporting unicode and OpenSSL (ZServer)? I would love to see it,
since I would not need to use Apache anymore. Due to the incompatibilities
in the Python code that would mean that Zope would also be backward
incompatible; does that mean it would be Zope 3.0.0?

I would love if some folks from Digital Creations could comment on that.
What is the plan?

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development