[Zope-dev] ODBC Error

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:45:11 PDT

--- In zope@egroups.com, Julio Flores Schwarzbeck <jflores@c...> wrote:
>The problem is that no matter what I do, with any valid sql statement like
>"select * from test1" gives me the following error:
>
>Error Type: ValueError
>Error Value: unpack sequence of wrong size
>(RoleMgr)
>
>Has anyone played with DBC/DBF files and encountered a similar problem?
>thx.

Hmm... were you issue the SQL from the Test tab?

Try to make an actual ZSQL method. And see if it works.

The ZODBC adapter had that problem... (Test tab did not work, but actual
ZSQL worked.) I'd be shocked if it has not been fixed all this time. See,
this would be what I call a carcass piece of software. No one maintains it
anymore. It just sits dead there, despite that the problem has been metioned
again and again. :) You'll do a great service if you could fix it and upload
it to Zope website.

Hung Jung