oodb philosophics ;) was: Re: [Zope-dev] Experiments with ORMapping

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sun, 13 May 2001 21:25:41 +0200

> This is true in the ZODB, but can be complicated by acquisition. If an
> object can acquire itself, it can cause issues. Plus it becomes
> difficult to know whether objects are clones or just identical
> instances, although this can be mitigated by exposing their Python
> instance id.

Acquisition is very cool, but it sometimes really sucks ... AFAIK you can
easily "switch it off" in your own Python products. But I am still fighting
with only getting private variables (i.e. not acquired ones) in DTML ...