[Zope-Moz] Re: [Zope] RDF Use cases

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:38:41 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>; <zope-mozilla@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 1999 8:14 PM
Subject: [Zope] RDF Use cases
><snipped>
>   Before we dive in and start writing code, however, DC will first try
>   and define what we are up against. One thing we do, is define Use
>   Cases. Use Cases describe ways in which people would use RDF. A few
>   examples:
><snipped>
>     - Metadata embedded in HTML. HTML pages returned from Zope have
>     - Advanced management of Zope objects. When describing the
>     contents of a ZODB database in RDF, RDF clients like Mozilla can
>     query and manipulate these contents with alternate interfaces.

If I understand correctly this means we put the attributes of all the
objects as RDF 'properties'. For eg: the object-type('DTMLDoc',
'DTMLMethod', 'Folder' etc) becomes a property, and also everything in
in Properties tab becomes an RDF property. If you meant something else
then here's another Use Case ;-)
So, we have a bunch of XML (RDF) documents for all the Zope objects.
These don't live as documents but probably get created on  the fly from
the info in the ZODB. Does the RDF spec also define a way to
_manipulate_ the RDF statements, like you suggest?

Also, why not have the Zope Studio also query and manipulate the Zope
objects through RDF only (vs having some other interface).

~Shalabh