[Zope-Moz] [FYI] Mozilla M12

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:14:02 -0500

Martijn Pieters wrote:
>   Milestone number 12 is out:
>
>     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/release-notes/

I'll confess, I'm such a Mozilla junky that I visited the empty
directory for M12 at the ftp site around 50 times yesterday, waiting for
it to appear. :^)  I'm such a geek <lament>.

>   Also, the current Mozilla homepage prominently features the DC
>   announcement of the Zope Mozilla Initiative:
>
>     http://www.mozilla.org/

It's about time.  Frankly I'm disappointed that the announcement
gathered so little attention.  Mozillazine didn't post anything until
Mike (not Michel) Pelletier contacted them, and then it only got 4
talkbacks.  The one right after it got 50.  Nothing ever appeared in the
newsgroups and Mozilla.org didn't say anything until now.

What this means, of course, is that Mozilla-land is a meritocracy that I
can't influence with my press releases.  Jerks! :^)  A meritocracy-based
playing field is good for us, because when they see what Mozilla does
when it is hooked up with Zope, the geeks will fall in love.

--Paul