[Zope-Moz] xml-rpc problem

Qingjuan Guan qingjuan@hotmail.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:15:56 PDT

Hi all,
I am a starter for the Zope stuff.  Right now I am trying to figure out how
the xml-rpc work here is the example I have tried but doesn't seem quite get
it, could somebody tell me what I did wrong with this?

import xmlrpclib

def getStateName(self):
  "Returns a state name given an integer state number"
  server_url="http://betty.userland.com"
  server=xmlrpclib.Server(server_url)
  return server.example.getStateName(41)

I know the return value from the server should be good.  The error message
from python seems point the finger to the parse_response function in
xmlrpclib.py.  I am not quite familiar with python, could somebody point out
what causing the problem here?  Or, if I want some more info about this
xml-rpc stuff, where can I found more examples?

Thanks.