[Zope-Moz] Zope preferences in Mozilla

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:59:46 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>

.....                <snipped>

> > 'disconnect', to add and remove servers from the treeview. We
> > would need to
> > rename the 'Zope:Treeroot' URI in the RDF to something like
> > 'machine_name:Zope:Treeroot' so that we can use more than one
> > zope treeroot
> > datasource in the same tree widget.
>
> No. The Zope:TreeRoot URI is for anchoring RDF datasources into the tree
> widget. If you add another datasource with Zope:TreeRoot in it, you'll
> see that another 1st level icon will appear.

Oh yes! I just didn't think :-P.  The 1st level icon is really the root URI as
given by the user and the Zope:Treeroot is the 'invisible 0 level' root of the
tree.

> Just try this:
>
> Comment out line 169 of zopestudio.js, so that it reads:
>
>   file://oCompDS.RemoveDataSource(oDS);
>
> If you now type the URL of a second Zope install (with the ZopeStudio
> Product installed of course), you'll see this second server appear in
> the tree as well.

...                     <snipped>

> > While I'm at it, I'd like to present a draft design of the
> > main menu I had
> > come up with. Suggestions are welcome. Here it is:-
> > ( '---' is menuseparator. Number of '+'s define level of menuitem. )
> >
> > Zope
> > + Conenct...
> > + Disconnect
> > + ---
> > + Refresh
> > + ---
> > + Exit
> >

> I'd call that 'Add...' and 'Remove...' (dialog boxes for both), and the
> title would be 'Server', instead of Zope.

So the top level server items will be persisted too (across sessions)? Would
it automatically try to reconnect to all servers once launched ? This could
probably be configurable.

.....                             <snipped>

> > Tools
> > + Find...
> > + ---
> > + New Product
> > + ---
> > + Undo...
> > + Pack Database...
> > + Set Cache Parameters...
> >

> New Product falls under the New menu.

I get it now: when the detailsview shows the Control_Panel, the New menu has
only this item.

> Undo should maybe be part of the object menu?

Well, since it undoes not only actions of the object menu but also the edit
menu.

> Cache parameters, do you mean server side or ZopeStudio side? Cache in
> Mozilla is not tuneable yet.

I meant the server side cache parameters currently available through
Control_Panel. We also need to put here 'Flush Cache...'

> > Help
> > + Contents
> > + ---
> > + About
> >

> Help on Zope objects can be taken care of by the new Help System (see
> Zope2 CVS), and there should be a separate ZopeStudio help menu item.
>
> > Many of these will be enabled/disabled depending on the item
> > selected in the
> > 'detailsview' or 'treeview'. Many would also be available as
> > context menus.
> >

> And as toolbar buttons.
>
> > Also, I suggest that we use the same names for our 'glossary'
> > of terms and the
> > ids of XUL widgets.
>
> I have been trying to do this. Please verify if I have been consistent.
> Anyone care to set up a glossary?

You have. Just meant to say that we make it a rule.
I'll try to get the glossary started within a couple of days.

I'll also try to put up a draft design of the main menu.

Shalabh