[Zope-Moz] ETA

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 23:30:41 +0100

Gregor wrote:
> I know that this project is in an early inception phase, so any answer would
> be pure vaporware/speculation at this point, but how long do you see it being
> until you get a functional implementation?

I'm good at pure speculation, so I'll give it a shot:

In a large part, this depends on Mozilla itself. Currently it's rapidly
moving into a more and more useable state, but ETA for mozilla final is,
I imagine, about half a year away, on the careful side.

So, 'about half a year' would be a good answer. :)

I think Zope-Mozilla can be done in parts; the deliverables can be phased
into a number of modules. An easier way to navigate through
Zope's tree is not dependent on a DTML-editor component, for instance. Various
other UI improvements could also be done seperately.

So, 'functional implementation within a month' could be an answer as well!

For my third answer I'll give the famous open source one:

'that depends partially on yourself! come and help! :)'

Not that I actually have done much helping myself yet; I'm an observer
myself!

Regards,

Martijn