[Zope-Moz] Status report

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:31:29 -0500

Hello all,

As you haven't heard from me for a little while, here is a little status
report of what I've been up to.

First of all, I updated the Zope Studio and Zope Mozilla web pages, to
reflect the status quo. I linked Shalabs Glossary. (Thanks! I don't know
of a Zope glossary, and yes, your document will get converted to DocBook
XML. I'll get to that after IPC8).

Secondly, I've updated Zope Studio itself. After a few sessions with
Chris Waterson on IRC, we found a few bugs in Mozilla that need to be
resolved in order for the Object Browser (that's what I call the current
interface) to reflow properly in all cases. See bugs 24403, 24499, and
24546. The following URL will list them all:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?email1=mj@digicool.com&emailrepo
rter1=1&emailcc1=1

I have requested a 'ZopeStudio' keyword to be added to BugZilla, so that
tracking bugs we need to know about becomes easier for us.

For one of the above bugs, I added a workaround, as suggested by Chris
Waterson. When the others get resolved, refreshing will work better, and
the 'polling' I do now will not be necessary anymore. Also, ZopeStudio
will be able to give feedback on Not Found, Unauthorized, and other
errors. I image we will use icons in the tree and details views for
that.

When you now double-click an item in the details view, that is not a
folderish type (shown in the tree), the old-style Zope management
interface for that object is shown in a separate window. Just so's you
can do _some_ work.

In the nearby future, when Ken has the time, CVS checkin messages will
be sent to this mailing list. This so we can more easily follow what is
happening. If the volume of these messages becomes to great, a separate
mailing list, like zope-mozilla-checkins, is an option.

Shalabh, meanwhile, is experimenting with a properties interface, and
will maybe use XBL for the widgets. Go Shalabh!

I will be present at IPC8, see you all there!

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149