[Zope-Moz] hello!

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:29:15 +0100

From: "Andrew Wooldridge" <andreww@netscape.com>
> Hello! I'm probably not unknown here as I was an early "watcher" of
> zope. It looks like it's come a long way, and it's even starting to
> overlap some of my work here at Netscape.  I'm a newly forming XUL/JS
> ui person here working on stuff for netscape's mozilla.  I also am a
> fervent advocate for XUL / JS as a general platform for developing
> applications .  I also have my own "pet project" which is posted here:
>
> http://anthem.editthispage.com
>
> Which is basically a xul app to interface with manila/ETP pages.  And
> my most recent desire is to find a way to get Mozilla to talk rpc or
> at least to find out how to get it to send custom HTTP POST 's .
>
> So I'd love to help out, plus I hope that I can find out from here
> many things as well.

Wonderful! All help is greatly appreciated. Shalabh already has given you a
bunch of pointers to more information.

I am just as far along as you are with XML-RPC. The idea is to make a JS
XPCOM component:

  http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/xpjs-components.html

This compnent should handle all XML-RPC details. There are some example .js
files in the components subdirectory. Indeed, I saw the HTTP stream objects
as well, building a XML-RPC request _should_ be trivial. Maybe we can even
get the component to use an anonymous XML DOM of sorts to generate the query
and parse the response.

The current plan is to have Zope send Mozilla RDF, and Mozilla then controls
Zope through XML-RPC.

Nice campus pictures by the way =) I didn't know the Tinderbox was a real
wall of lights!

Martijn Pieters