[Zope-Moz] Quick Questions

Shalabh Chaturvedi shalabh@pspl.co.in
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:33:04 +0530

Robb Beal wrote:
> A few quick questions while I get acclimated:
>
> 1) Is there an annotated screenshot(s) of the existing
> Zope Management UI? (The kind you often find in
> shrink-wrapped consumer desktop apps.)

I don't think there's any annotated screenshot of the
_existing_ UI (the one currently in cvs). But there
isn't much to figure out, is there?

What does exist is this:
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/Projects/MozillaOME/Mockups
(Mockups of what ZS could be)

> 2) Is there a collection of UI suggestions for the
> existing Zope Management UI?

Mostly as pages on the wiki:
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/ZopeStudioVision
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/OtherZopeStudioThoughts
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/MiscIdeas
http://www.zope.org/Resources/Mozilla/ZWiki/WildUIThoughts

We would be very happy to have more suggestions.
Maybe we should ask more people.

> 3) Is this an appropriate forum for posting
> suggestions based on the existing UI? Perhaps as an
> externally linked document?

Certainly.
You can even make use of the ZWiki for your
external document.

> 4) Adding clarity to and simplifying the Security UI
> seems like low hanging fruit. Are there any mock-ups
> of a revised Security UI or latent ideas in people's
> minds?

Haven't thought about Security UI but I know of
one mind where there are ideas about this: Martijn's.

Cheers,
Shalabh
Shalabh Chaturvedi
icq://43284067