[Zope-Moz] Python Interpreter in Mozilla

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:28:22 -0500 (EST)

   The TCL plugin doesn't access the browser DOM. It is a bit like the first
   versions of Java in the browser, or any other plugin for that matter; the
   plugin gets a piece of screem and can display on that. hardly any other
   interaction with the browser is not possible.

However, you can call javascript within the tcl plugin (and of course
from there use the DOM). I use the tclplugin extensively with Zope as
the server for a scientific web computing environment we are building.
You can do POST actions from the plugin and have the replys go to a
browser window.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
aboulanger@ldeo.columbia.edu